MAKING YOUR VIDEOTAPE
If you do NOT live in the Los Angeles area, you must make a home video with the info below in order to be considered for the show.
What do I need?
You will need a video camera and a friend to film you. Please use a MiniDV tape or DVD ONLY. We do NOT accept MiniDVD, Hi-8 or VHS tapes.
How long should my video be?
Up to approximately 10-minutes of unedited footage. No music, no cuts, no fancy transitions – raw footage only.
What should I wear in my video?
Wear something that best represents who you are. Feel free to have fun with it! If you were competing on the show, what would you wear to comfortably move around? Nothing too sexy/revealing or too baggy, however, we want to see your figure. Avoid crazy patterns (ie stripes) and NO LOGOS!
How do I make my video the best quality possible?
No need to use a professional video service! Have a friend video tape you – please do not hold the camera yourself; we do not want to relive The Blair Witch Project. Make sure we can SEE and HEAR you clearly. Frame the camera from the top of your head to your chest.
What do I put on the video?
TELL US then SHOW US! There is no "right" or "wrong" thing to say on your tape. The camera tends to suck the energy right out of you, so keep the energy up!! Be as unique as possible.
1. Please start with name, age, occupation, city you currently reside and city you are originally from.
2. Tell us a brief story about yourself - where are you from, what was life like growing up, what do you do for a living?
3. How would your friends or family describe you? Tell us the good and bad. Funny? Arrogant? Spontaneous? Klutzy? Nerdy?
4. What is something that would surprise us to find out about you?
5. What sports do you play? How do you keep active? Can you swim? Are you competitive? Is your strength mental or physical?
6. Tell us about the memories you have playing musical chairs. When was the last time you played? Did you usually win? Do you have a strategy?
7. If you won, what would you do with the money?
8. Who would you want as your coach on the show? Why? What is your relationship with him/her? How do you think he/she will keep you motivated through the game? If possible, get him/her on camera briefly.
11. Who are your favorite bands? If you were competing on the show, what song/band would you want playing to get you moving to the final chair?
12. What is your personal mantra?
13. What is the most daring and crazy thing you have ever done? Describe the circumstance. If you have video or photographs SHOW US!
14. What is your unique and personal motivation for wanting to compete on the show? Explain why you would be an excellent candidate for Oh Sit!
THEN SHOW US:
Be CREATIVE and have FUN! SHOW us who you are!
SHOW us where you live. If you live in a city, film a bit of you in the city streets. If you live on a farm, take us outside and SHOW us.
SHOW us what you do for work/fun. If you are a runner, take us running. If you are a painter, paint for us and SHOW your work. If you are a video game lover, SHOW us all your games and play a game with your friends.
If you have a quirky side, SHOW us. If you consider yourself a nerd, SHOW us why! If you are an athlete, SHOW us your medals and pictures of competitions. If you were a beauty queen, SHOW us your sashes and tiaras.
If you have video or photos of you doing something exciting, send us a copy.
At the end of the tape please zoom the camera out to include a full body shot of you.
DO NOT ATTEMPT ANY STUNTS ON YOUR TAPE.
After I make my video, then what?
Label the tape with your name, age, address and phone number.
Send your videotape and completed application to:
Oh Sit! Casting
Attn. Casting Duo
1741 Ivar Ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90028